Skinner Construction has a long history of carrying out conservation work across the South West, with long standing connections to a number of local churches and historic buildings.
With a bank of experienced tradesmen, close ties with local conservation specialists and a fully equipped joinery workshop, Skinner Construction is able to take on all aspects of conservation including the following:
- Stonework repairs
- Stone shaping and carvings
- Lime pointing
- Specialist leadworking
- Stained glass window repairs/renewal
- Cob wall repairs
- Lime plastering/limewashing
- Thatched roofing
- Repair/replicate historic staircases and furniture
- Repair/replicate heritage style timber windows
The quality of our workmanship is widely acknowledged, with a number of conservation focused clients and Architects across the South West repeatedly requesting our services.