Restoration: Grade I Listed Church, Exeter
New roofs and external wall refurbishment works to a church in the Cathedral grounds of Exeter. The high profile works were undertaken in a busy public environment. Extreme care and vigilance were employed in order to maintain a safe working site, while ensuring the works were completed on time.
The works items were:
- Site set-up in accordance with the city’s, cathedral’s and client’s requirements.
- Scaffolding structure with access & working platform and tin roof.
- Hacking off 100m2 of existing cement render to external walls; carry out stone work repairs, and lime render works.
- Stone carving repairs.
- Removal of lead to 2No. roofs, construction of new timber deck including box gutters and ventilation details, installation of lead work to the 2No. roof areas.
- Strip existing slate roof and carry out timber repairs and fix new welsh slates.
- Parapet wall repairs and lead work, removal of coping stones and relaying.
- Internal redecoration works.
- Client: The Church of St Petrock's, Exeter
- Architect: Russ Palmer
- Value: £191,000
- Procurement: Single Stage Tender
- Programme: 20 weeks