Education: Groundworks and external features, Woodbury
Woodbury C of E School
Refurbishment and fit out of run down BA servicing suite. This included stripping the existing unit back to a timber frame shell, adding strength, re-cladding and insulating, then fitting out to meet the demands of a busy fire station.
Refurbishment works included:
- Licensed removal of existing asbestos cladding, including full compartmentation, air testing and disposal through specialist contractor
- Carrying out replacement of rotten timber in existing framework
- Insulating between the existing studwork
- Fitting Marley Internit cladding boarding to external walls
- Fitting of new aluminium windows and doors including integrated, centrally controlled automated access system.
- Re-roofing unit in 3 layer felt
- Complete strip out and re-routing of services in order to feed new compressor unit, drying cabinet, washing and cleaning facilities
- Complete decoration works throughout
The works were conducted along side normal operation of the fire station.
Careful planning and strong levels of communication were employed in order to complete the refurbishment works on time, while avoiding disruption and enabling day to day running of the station to continue as usual.
- Client: Woodbury C of E School
- Architect: n/a
- Value: £280,000
- Procurement: Single Stage Tender
- Programme: 20 weeks