Private Dwelling: Alterations and renovation, Dorset
Yawlings Farm – Holditch, Dorset
Renovation of traditional country farmhouse in West Dorset including extensive structural repairs, internal alterations, full renewal of services and new bespoke hardwood windows throughout.
Refurbishment works included:
- Extensive internal alterations and repairs, providing a more up top date feel to the property
- Damp proofing and extensive re-plastering
- All new windows and doors manufactured at Skinner Construction’s own joinery shop
- Complete strip out and renewal of electrics, heating and plumbing systems
- Installations of 3 new bathrooms and WC
- Installation and adaption of 3 new solid fuel stoves and fireplaces
- Complete decoration throughout, including all new windows and doors.
- Installation of new copper guttering
- Extensive re-modelling of front porch, side patio and rear courtyard.
Many previously unknown or undiscovered issues were uncovered during the works on site, such a woodworm, rotten timbers, damp walls and hazardous materials. Solid communication and teamwork were employed by ourselves, the Architect and Client in order to enabled the completion of the works to be achieved with all parties thoroughly satisfied with the outcome.
- Client: Private Client
- Architect: n/a
- Value: £240,000
- Procurement: Single Stage Tender
- Programme: 20 week